We Have COVID Covered
You can rest assured that Victorian Bus Charters has been as diligent as possible in preparing it’s COVIDSafe plans and procedures. With up to date information from the relevant authorities always being applied to our operations, you can book with confidence knowing that we have any COVID situation sorted and are doing everything to keep our passengers safe.
Some of the measures we have taken with COVID are:
Flexible Booking Conditions
As a direct result of COVID -19, Victorian Bus Charters has made changes to our booking conditions and cancellation policy to give people peace of mind and flexibility when booking. These are outlined in our Terms & Conditions, and we recommend reading these before booking.
Drivers Training & Expertise
All staff have completed COVID-19 Infection Control training from the Department of Health. This program gives our team knowledge on how to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19 and the guidelines in which we can operate in a CovidSafe world.
- Victorian Bus Charters has completed the COVID Clean Practicing Business module which is also recognised by the World Travel & Tour Council as a part of their Safe Travels Program
- Drivers will complete a self-declaration form as part of their preparation for each driving day to declare any signs of illness and will not perform duties if unwell.
- All drivers have Senior First Aid Certification and hold the required vehicle licences, permits and knowledge of the destinations that the tours operate.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Each vehicle is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before each trip.
- We use Government recommended cleaning, disinfectant and sanitisation products, routines, and monitoring.
- Our drivers will frequently remind passengers to adopt protocols for regular hygiene practices.
- Hand sanitiser will always be available.
- Vehicle air-conditioning systems will be subject to thorough checks and increased routine cleaning to ensure the freshest air circulation supplemented with fresh air options.
- VBC will have signs displayed, where possible, to remind passengers of the social distancing requirements.
Fit for Travel Declaration
Upon booking, the lead contact for the group will receive details about the COVIDSafe policies that VBC have implemented.
It will also explain our new online check-in procedure whereby all passengers are required to complete the ‘Fit for Travel Self- declaration’, to confirm they are free from illness. We will send a link so all in the group can have this filled out before boarding the bus.
This will give the group an added level of assurance. Passengers with any symptoms of illness prior to travel will be requested not to travel.
VBC’s Covid Plan also involves protocols for when guests or staff become unwell during a tour. We can respond quickly and discreetly to any such event, including ensuring safe return from wherever the group may be.
One of the joys of venturing around Victoria is the people you get to meet along the way. Covid has certainly changed the way we interact with our favourite spots but that doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy their hospitality. The venues will have their own guidelines and signs which we will adhere to.
We do ask our customers to help us by:
- Always sitting in the same seat for the duration of the tour.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when existing and exiting the vehicle.
- When entering the vehicle, passengers seated at the back go first and when exiting the vehicle, those passengers at the front exit first.
- As cool as a fist bump or gentleman’s handshake may be, in these times we are limiting contact to ensure we are meeting social distancing rules.
Help Us, Help You
While restrictions are being lifted, it is not a time to become complacent so here are a few things you can do to help:
- Physical distancing – help stop the spread of coronavirus by keeping your distance. Remember, don’t shake hands, or exchange physical greetings. Wherever possible stay 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with warm soapy water for 30 seconds regularly. Cough and sneeze into your arm and if you use a tissue only use it once then dispose of it. Then rewash your hands.
- Know the signs – if you develop a sore throat, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, fatigue, or loss of smell, please let the driver know immediately.
- Download the COVIDSafe app – this speeds up the process for officials when contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).